Chermside Wellness Challenge

The Members of Chermside Ward in an effort to be more healthy and to follow the Word of Wisdom found in D&C 89 to receive the promise given there:

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowlege, even hidden treasures; and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen." D&C 89:18-21

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My plan!

Hello to all!

Sorry to unload in this forum, but I need the extra push to stick to my plans and goals sometimes... And I figure this is as supportive a place as I'll find :)

I realised recently that this month I will turn (eek!) 27, and that I've just gone back to uni. Now I know it's a good thing to be furthering my education etc. etc. but I still feel a little down about admitting I'm back to being a student. So, in light of me getting old and frankly needing to put myself out on the dating scene, and to help me stick to my goals and to wade through my new uni work as quickly as I can, I decided if I let you all know exactly how well/bad I do and then I'll be more inclined to be good!

With this in mind, I chose a lot of goals that I'm not up to yet, but I am working towards them and that is what matters - my the end of this challenge (which happens to coincide nicely with YSA convention, yay!) I will be definately getting my full points each day :)

As a little side note, but it kinda ties in really well, I joined Jenny Craig to help me lose the weight that has been slowly creeping on over the years; and more recently seeming to jump on to me after my knee injury. Now it just so happened that I joined Jenny on the Wednesday before this challenge started, so my weight loss is going to form part of my weekly point score - again, I think the public disclosure of this will keep me more motivated to stick to it!

Hope I haven't bored you too much by this point, here are my daily goals:
1 - Stick to my Jenny food plan (no extras, no skipping meals)
2 - Complete my 10, 000 steps (this is a work-in-progress one I'm afraid)
3 - Daily Scripture Study
4 - Conscientiously increase water intake to 2L (this is particularly hard for me so I decided that on the days where I work to increase my water intake, that counts; eventually I'll get to 2L/day)
5 - Eat my daily salad! (most definately not a big salad eater, this is one I have to work on....)
6 - Snuggle with my kitty cat, Bastion (sometimes he feels left out so I need to take the time with him - yes, he is a little needy, and has some separation issues...)
7 - Do at least one cleaning chore (at the moment I'm in the habit of leaving it all till cleaning day, and that isn't going to bode well when I get to the point where I'm living with a signigificant other)
8 - Pack food for tomorrow (help me resist takeaway, and with the salad)
9 - Some form of exercise, purely exercise
10 - Get into bed by 10pm (which will hopefully help with my fatigue issues that are bubbling away at the moment).

Here's to working on our personal goals!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. A little late to add this I know, but for the first week I only got to 50 points, which is still quite good as I worked for it and I feel so much better for having done so!

    My first weigh-in came in as a nice surprise too: a loss of 1.3kg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Kelly! A little bit at a time. You'll achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete