Chermside Wellness Challenge

The Members of Chermside Ward in an effort to be more healthy and to follow the Word of Wisdom found in D&C 89 to receive the promise given there:

"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones; and shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowlege, even hidden treasures; and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen." D&C 89:18-21

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Goals or Confessions?!

Seeing as Becky has made her goals public, I thought I'd be brave and share mine too. Here goes!

1. Walk/Swim/Ride at least half an hour. (It's only Day 2, but Paul, myself, Simone, Renae and Mum and have all hit the streets at 6:00am yesterday and today.)
2. Drink at least 1½ litres of water. (2 litres is just too much for me at the moment, but 1½ seems to work.)
3. Eat at least 3 pieces of fruit.
4. Eat at least 4 vegetables.
5. Remember morning prayers. (I had a tendency to rush off to work without this sometimes - tut, tut!)
6. Kneel for evening prayers. (After reading my scriptures, I would be lazy and pray in bed - not anymore!)
7. Make a journal or blog entry (you're reading today's!)
8. Make the bed (simple yes, but it usually didn't happen!)
9. Have the kitchen clean before going to bed (no more dirty dishes to wake up to!)
10. Plan ahead for the evening meal (defrost, slow cook, etc before going to work)

Even after just 2 days, I'm feeling much more organised. I wasn't excited about this challenge at first. I'm not a 'make a list, check a box' kind of person; but there were things I wanted to improve on, so I decided to give it a go. Having others in the house doing it too helps a lot!

I'm listening to the rain outside the window right now - hope it clears before tomorrow morning's walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment